Pomona Economic Opportunity Center (PEOC)
Job Description: Immigration Services Coordinator
Download PDF Immigration Services Coordinator
Pomona Economic Opportunity Center (PEOC)
• Immigration Services Coordinator
• Part-time position (25 – 30 hours per week)
• Salary based upon experience: $15 to $20 hourly pay range
• PEOC Executive Director: accredited by Board of Immigration Appeals
• PEOC Lead Organizer: accredited by Board of Immigration Appeals
• Submission deadline: January 27, 2017
• Start date; February 2017
The mission of the PEOC is to provide services, to facilitate educational empowerment and support to the immigrant community in Pomona and the Inland Empire region. Our mission is to provide an opportunity for men and women workers to find safe work at a fair wage, to organize and advocate for themselves in relation to policies that impact their lives, to obtain new trades and skills that improve their employability and quality of life, and to improve the overall conditions for all immigrant workers and community members.
The PEOC is preparing to better support community members with immigration services. In response to the current and anticipated need, the PEOC is looking for an Immigration Services Coordinator to aid individuals eligible for immigration benefits including naturalization, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and other immigration benefits as well as providing educational outreach to community members. The PEOC is seeking a coordinator to lead our immigration services and education work, to implement the PEOC’s immigration services program and lead a coalition of service-providers in the region.
The Immigration Services Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and providing immigration legal services to community members. The Coordinator will be expected to conduct consultations and document preparation with clients seeking immigration benefits particularly on naturalization and DACA. The Coordinator will also plan and execute immigration service workshops and clinics focused on document preparation and educating community members on relevant immigration laws, programs and benefits. Training will be provided.
Coordination of immigration legal services program for PEOC:
• Coordinate a detailed structure for PEOC’s immigration services program
• Lead document preparation for immigration benefits and in provide direct consultations to community members particularly naturalization and DACA.
• Work with PEOC staff to develop strategies for effective community outreach and support
Formalize professional support network for immigration services program:
• Recruit volunteers and facilitate volunteer and staff trainings
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with faith and labor allies, attorneys, government agencies, students, and other community allies.
• Develop materials such as clients’ lists, referral lists, resource lists, etc.
• Report to Executive Director on progress towards goals
• Other duties as needed by Executive Director.
Skills and qualifications:
• Knowledge of US immigration law.
• Experience in document preparation for immigration benefits
• Experience educational outreach to community members.
• Spanish proficiency (written and spoken) required.
• Cultural sensitivity and ally to array of immigrants within the community.
• Organized and self-motivated.
• Dedicated to detail.
• Computer literacy.
• Experience in grassroots community organizing a plus, but not required.
The Coordinator will be working out of the PEOC offices in Pomona, CA and Ontario, CA conducting consultations and document preparation for PEOC clients. Working with community members and community organizations, gathering information and conducting outreach within the immigrant community. Coalition partners will be across the Inland Empire which will include driving throughout the region, so it is preferred that suitable candidate be the owner of a vehicle.
Please send a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest along with a résumé that includes education, work history, two employment and one personal reference to: email@example.com or mail to: PO Box 2496 Pomona, CA 91769
Please, no phone inquiries.
Submission Deadline: January 27, 2017
The PEOC is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, members of ethnic and religious minorities, and members of the LGBTQI community to apply to reflect the growing and thriving diversity of our community.